Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Programs for Photo Manipulation?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Programs for Photo Manipulation?
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Programs for Photo Manipulation? 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 15
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for programs that are good with photo manipulation?
I want/need to start making banners for my stories that are currently collecting dust in my notebooks...any help? lol

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Programs for Photo Manipulation? 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
just photo's not your own drawings?
if so PS Elements is decent i've heard. Hairann does a lot of banners like that perhaps she could answer this better. I've got PS itself. If your a student i've heard it's not that bad a price. hopefully someone better can answer you question.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
KyuubiPandoraChan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Programs for Photo Manipulation? 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Adobe Photoshop can do almost anything but I think it is a bit pricey.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Programs for Photo Manipulation? 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 91
if all you are wanting is to do banners and such, basic photomanips there are several free programs out there that work wonderfully. GIMP comes to mind.

These places give you a list of several...

graphicssoft.about.com/od/freesoftware/Free_Graphics_Software.htm
news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-10023214-58.html
www.snap2objects.com/2007/07/20/45-best-freeware-design-programs/

I use an ancient version of Ulead Photoimpact, a software that i don't think they make anymore since Corel bought out Ulead. Most of your most basic programs, even Paint, can do a banner. That comes free with Windows.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Karima
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Programs for Photo Manipulation? 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
I used this one before I got photoshop. it's like a simpler and free version, i loved it. Just have to sort through the spam when downloading it, don't just click accept on everything as you don't want most of what it asks. Great program though! Especially if you find the plug-ins.

paint.net/

Logged Logged

Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Programs for Photo Manipulation? 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 15
Thank you all so very much!

@sugar0o -- Currently it is drawings that my friends do for me that I have saved on my laptop but hopefully when I get a tablet I can finally start drawing again lol...I miss drawing lol.

@KyuubiPandoraChan -- I looked into abode and I think I am going to have to start a fund for it!

@Danyealle-- I just finished testing out GIMP and I love it, it has and can do everything that I needed, thanks for pointing me that direction.

@Shari1492--- That is an awesome program, I got both that and GIMP, now am trying to make up my mind on using both or just one...lol.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.