Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Keeping Sesshomaru in character.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Keeping Sesshomaru in character.
Sugar
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Keeping Sesshomaru in character. 2 Years ago Karma: 0
Okay so this is my new account. I have been working on "A Feudal Fairytale Retold" For a number of years now. and I'm currently rewriting it. and while I would love to have fluff moments between Sesshomaru and Kagome, I'm attempting to write around his general personality and how he would act toward Kagome given that she is his newest companion. Any tips would be nice because this author is STRUGGLING.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Keeping Sesshomaru in character. 2 Years ago Karma: 156
There is no right answer to how to write characterisations, imo, because everyone sees and interprets the characters a bit differently. Further more, I've written Sesshoumaru differently depending on what kind of story it is and what the story needs. Sesshoumaru in an epic chapter fic drama is not wholly the same as Sesshoumaru in a crack one shot, after all.

It all depends on what your story needs. What aspects of Sesshoumaru's personality ypu want to focus on? And when it comes to writing someone in character, what is most important to me is that they are in character in YOUR story. That in the context of your fic, their behaviour makes sense and can be justified, even if it wouldn't 100% correlate with canon Sesshoumaru. Because we're not Takahashi-wannabes trying to recreate Inuyasha, we’re fic writers wanting to tell our own story.

Besides we never really see Sesshoumaru properly interact with a love interest in canon, so it's all up to our interpretation how he would act in romantic scenes. And I think it's justified that Sesshoumaru would behave differently towards a romantic partner than he would to everyone else.

Logged Logged
Sugar
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Keeping Sesshomaru in character. 2 Years ago Karma: 0
You are a life-saver, Chie. Thank you! <3

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.