Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Question about Fanfiction vs Spark
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Question about Fanfiction vs Spark
Ashley
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Question about Fanfiction vs Spark 1 Year, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi everyone,

I was having a hard time finding answers on what the difference between the 'Fanfiction' and 'Spark' sections of Dokuga are.. Fanfiction is obvious to me, but what is the Spark section, and what's the difference between the stories there vs in Fanfiction? I did see a difference in the rating and genre system, and that there are less stories in Spark.

Anyways, I hope someone can tell me.. Thank you!!

(PS I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section of this site.. I really only read fanfiction and don't explore much)

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Question about Fanfiction vs Spark 1 Year, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
'Spark is actually the archive of the former Sesshoumaru/Kagome website "A Single Spark," which was owned by the marvelous ~Winter~. She hit a wall with moderating and dealing with that site so, when our own Miss Kagura opened Dokuga, ~Winter~ offered to let us host the stories on "A Single Spark" when ~Winter~ shut down the site. It was the perfect way to save all the wonderful stories people loved that were on the 'Spark site and, at the time, it more than doubled the stories we were hosting here.

In deference to both the authors of the stories on the 'Spark archive, as well as to ~Winter~, Miss Kagura made the 'Spark archive a stand-alone archive that was linked to Dokuga, but not a part of it. It was a way to make sure people knew that those stories & other works on the 'Spark archive were uploaded when "A Single Spark" was an active site. For that reason, everything is searchable only on the 'Spark tab, and it is distinct and separate from Dokuga proper.

I hope that helps answer your question. Please don't hesitate to holler if you have any other questions!!

~~WiccanMethuselah~~
Site Administrator

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Ashley
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Question about Fanfiction vs Spark 1 Year, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
Wow, I love the dedication to preservation :')

It's amazing; I found this site in my pre-teens over a decade ago and I somehow never forgot the name Dokuga after not reading fanfiction for almost 10 years in a row. You can't imagine how excited I was when I revisited Dokuga and found that not only was everything still available (for the most part), but people still continue to create art and fanfiction in 2022!<3 Long live SessKag!! LMAO

Thank you so much for your swift response, WiccanMethuselah!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Question about Fanfiction vs Spark 1 Year, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
You are most welcome, m'dear!! I'm just delighted that, despite a slowdown in interest, the site is still chugging along. Also, please be assured that, should Dokuga ever have to shut down for lack fo funds, the content of the site WILL be preserved as best we can. These stories should ALWAYS be available, I think, because we have some terrific classics hosted here. Thanks so much for your renewed interest!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.