Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sesshomaru's Kimono
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sesshomaru's Kimono
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 46
I agree with you there, although so far mine hasn't faded yet (orange + yellow + red marigold)and it's been a few years. If you want more strong colors, how about balck + purple or royal blue? If you wish to add more from Sesshy, you could always make it black + gold? A few thoughts...

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 60
I like that black and purple idea. It seems darkly dramatic somehow, and I'm more into dark colors then light. Thanks for the idea!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/11/02 03:19 By belovedstranger.

~BelovedStranger~
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Yeah, the black + purple idea was my first thought as well. Gives a more gothic, Tim Burtonesque feeling lol

Logged Logged

BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 9
Oh so you want to get the pattern but you dont want to use the normal colors??? If you need darker colors I would say dark blue/red if you want that and black. But thats just me. You could also Try to do a purple and red if you want more happier colors???

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Alright, my teacher told me that a nagajuban was indeed used as male undergarments in the past and could have any design whatsoever, but nowdays is worn by males in festivals due to the high cost of a full kimono. A full traditional kimono attire starts from a 1,000 $ and can reach a million, wow! A nagajuban (male) or hanjuban (female)is considerably cheaper. Basically, nowdays Japanese people wear pretty underwear as normal clothing and trick us into believing that's a traditional kimono! But no, really, no matter how elaborate or whatever patterns it has, it's still what they used for sleep or bathing in the past. As for Sesshy's, after I explained his character a bit, she surmised that he probably wears authentic silk of the finest quality and a simple white nagajuban underneath. His clothing should consist of kimono, hakama, obi. A haori is actually an outer jacket, like what the shinsengumi(in Peacemaker Kurogane, Hakuoki e.t.c.) wore and it's open on the front like a robe. He doesn't wear one. Usually they wear many layers (rich people wore only the finest quality silk, so even though there were a lot of layers, they were really light and thin), but I guess Sesshy has his mokomoko, so he doesn't need that lol. I hope this helps.

Logged Logged

BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
Stella wrote:
Alright, my teacher told me that a nagajuban was indeed used as male undergarments in the past and could have any design whatsoever, but nowdays is worn by males in festivals due to the high cost of a full kimono. A full traditional kimono attire starts from a 1,000 $ and can reach a million, wow! A nagajuban (male) or hanjuban (female)is considerably cheaper. Basically, nowdays Japanese people wear pretty underwear as normal clothing and trick us into believing that's a traditional kimono! But no, really, no matter how elaborate or whatever patterns it has, it's still what they used for sleep or bathing in the past. As for Sesshy's, after I explained his character a bit, she surmised that he probably wears authentic silk of the finest quality and a simple white nagajuban underneath. His clothing should consist of kimono, hakama, obi. A haori is actually an outer jacket, like what the shinsengumi(in Peacemaker Kurogane, Hakuoki e.t.c.) wore and it's open on the front like a robe. He doesn't wear one. Usually they wear many layers (rich people wore only the finest quality silk, so even though there were a lot of layers, they were really light and thin), but I guess Sesshy has his mokomoko, so he doesn't need that lol. I hope this helps.

Thanks for all the information. It is a great help I will make sure I go back into my story and fix the part about the Haori XD. Thank you so very much ^.^

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
BlackInuPup wrote:

Thanks for all the information. It is a great help I will make sure I go back into my story and fix the part about the Haori XD. Thank you so very much ^.^[/quote]

Glad I could be of help! Don't worry, I made the exact same misttake lol! Now, I have to go back and change it with kimono instead of haori.

Logged Logged

BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
Stella wrote:
BlackInuPup wrote:

Thanks for all the information. It is a great help I will make sure I go back into my story and fix the part about the Haori XD. Thank you so very much ^.^

Glad I could be of help! Don't worry, I made the exact same misttake lol! Now, I have to go back and change it with kimono instead of haori.[/quote]

Thank god I didn't go to far into the story yet. Having a slight bit of writers block because another story is trying to wiggle its way into my heart XD. But I dont really want to write it

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Well, it wouldn't make that big of a difference to most readers. Like sugar0o said, if they're interested in the story, clothing names shouldn't matter that much. I guess it depends on how you feel. Personally, I'd prefer to be as accurate as possible, but honestly I've read many stories and I've never been bothered by that. If they said kimono, hakama, haori, shirt, pants e.t.c. I'd still get what they meant and just continue reading without giving it much thought.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.