Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Plagiarism Alert!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: Plagiarism Alert!!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
Well folks seems that there's a new idiot every few days...

Original: www.fanfiction.net/s/7608117/1/Remembering
Rated M, btw
Remembering
Author: Kjpanny Kjchristie17
Summary:
A young Seshoumaru comes upon an infant and unknowingly lays claim to her. An old prophecy is set in motion but what happens when the the infant is ripped from his side due to a series of unforseen events. Seshoumaru/Kagome pairing. First posted on Dokug.
Rated: Fiction M - English - Friendship/Romance - Kagome & Sesshomaru - Chapters: 29 - Words: 25,376 - Reviews: 834 - Favs: 498 - Follows: 615 - Updated: 07-13-12 - Published: 12-04-11 - id: 7608117

Stolen:
www.fanfiction.net/s/8485280/2/The-Child-of-Prophecy
Rated M as well
The Child of Prophecy
Author: Sesslover5

What happens when a young sesshoumaru finds a special bundle carrying a special infant. A prophecy is brought to life but what happens when the infant is tragically ripped from the young inu's side. Will she every return?
Rated: Fiction M - English - Adventure/Friendship - Kagome & Sesshomaru - Chapters: 3 - Words: 3,620 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 15 - Updated: 09-02-12 - Published: 08-31-12 - id: 8485280

see anything similar right off the bat? the plagiarist in this one seems to have fleshed out Penny's original fiction.

It's not verbatim thievery.

Additionally if you have anything to say, we ask that you not be negative, and please so not involved Dokuga's name in the process.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 95
Just reported it.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
fic down :3 ^_^ *preens*

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 29
Its happened again folks. Another one of our writers has been plagiarised! Unfortunately, this time the plagiarist even went so far as to use the writers Original Character. I've researched both stories, and discovered that, although there are differences, these two stories are in fact the same one, right down the the OC, Aimaru. This time, our very own Duchess of Darkness has been victimised. Please, review both these works, and see for yourself. Then, I implore you all to please, report this to FF.net via the drop box on the very bottom left hand side of that page.

ORINGINAL: She's Our Miko (I) by Duchess Of Darkness

PLAGIARISED: Inu Pack Females by MidnightSummerStorm

DO NOT contact the "writer." Dokugans are bloodhounds when it comes to sniffing out, tracking down, and eliminating plagiarists, but we are NOT bullies.

I appreciate everyone helping out with this. Lets see if we can't get this one down in record time!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/28 11:36 By MoxyMikki.
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 22
Done and done m'dear.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
For some reason your link doesn't want to work.

www.fanfiction.net/s/8357761/1/Inu-Pack-Females

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 29
Hairann wrote:
For some reason your link doesn't want to work.

www.fanfiction.net/s/8357761/1/Inu-Pack-Females

Thanks Hairann! I didn't clear out the "http" when I pasted the link, so it doubled. Its fixed now.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/28 10:35 By MoxyMikki.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 91
reported with the AFF link to the story. That should get some attention on The Pit

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
You're AMAZING Dany! With Dokuga and AFF on it, we'll drive those "mods" at FFN crazy!

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 91
snagging everyone i can on AFF to report. We'll get em downed!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Kat
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 52
It's such shame because I lit all the stories listed .
So whats going to happen to the stories that you all have listed above?

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Kat: If a story is plagiarised, then its taken down. This person was a member who posted here as well. As such, their story was deleted, as well as their account. They will not be welcome back here at Dokuga. If its posted anywhere else, then its up to the staff there to decide what they will do. Usually the same action is taken.

Dokuga takes plagiarism VERY seriously and we don't tolerate it here, so if a member is found and confirmed to be stealing others works, then they are no longer welcome on this website, I'm afraid. I'm sorry that you were a fan of those stolen works, but I suggest finding the original stories. Usually, they are much MUCH better anyways.

The original for this particular one is linked above the plagiarised piece. I suggest checking it out. And please, don't forget to report the plagiarised story! Thank you!

Logged Logged
dianne
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 11
I think Inu pack females might actually be a plagiarism of two stories!
I remember reading a story not two long ago that involved Sango as a golden inu, I dont remember what Rin was, and the way Kagome came to be there and her relation with the others is definitely a little to close to the other story for my liking.

Agh, if I remember the name I'll definitely post!

Logged Logged

MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
thanks dianne!

Logged Logged
dianne
Whelp
graphgraph
Ha, took me a while to go through all my favs, and nothing. So I went and searched through all the alerts I got on my emails. Sure enough it was there.
Turns out it's the same story but the "author" had it deleted from dokuga -_-

I guess she figured someone would catch on sooner or later here.

Logged Logged

MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
ITS STILL UP! Please folks, lets hound the mods over at FFN. They are clearly sitting down on the job AGAIN. Lets get this down. Its for one of our very own Dokugans!

Logged Logged
Jade R. Rayne
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
The Author made a new update saying she's worked something out with the writer and that she has never read the original story. Something about rewriting the first chapter and changing the OC toon's name to something else.

Oh and, "Then when I'm done with the revised copy and if anybody says I've plagerised that to they can shove it were the sind doesn't shine."
---- Quote her.

It's not my intent to cause trouble or restart this, but what happens if the author did write off the story based off the original and twisted some of his/her ideas in there to pull it off? (edit) I mean, to the point where it doesn't resemble the original too much.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/30 11:46 By Jade R. Rayne.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
JadedRayne wrote:
The Author made a new update saying she's worked something out with the writer and that she has never read the original story. Something about rewriting the first chapter and changing the OC toon's name to something else.

Oh and, "Then when I'm done with the revised copy and if anybody says I've plagerised that to they can shove it were the sind doesn't shine."
---- Quote her.

It's not my intent to cause trouble or restart this, but what happens if the author did write off the story based off the original and twisted some of his/her ideas in there to pull it off?

On this site, she stays gone. I don't care how she did it, how much or how little she "appropriated" (stole), she's banned. Her story will never reappear on Dokuga no matter how it's "reworked," and she will not be welcome back on this site.

Plagiarism is something we take VERY seriously. I don't care how you fix stuff after the fact, you still made off with something that wasn't yours to begin with - in other words, you still plagiarized - and we do not tolerate that here.

Not too sure how FanFiction.net is going to view it, but that's their problem. Bottom line, don't plagiarize anything - characters, plots, dialogue - anything on Dokuga if you want to stay a member here.

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT SHARED CLICHE, though. We all know that the InuYasha characters have been used everywhich way but Sunday, for darn near anything, so that doesn't apply here. What I'm saying is don't walk off with whole chunks of story, dialogue, original characters, and things like that. Sharp-eyed people will discover it, remember it, and will come to the Administrators with it!

/soapbox, LOL!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
If we see a plagiarist, how do we help? I know we are not suppose to make mean statements or take action in our own hands but leave it up to the admins, but is there a report button. I'm sorry if my question was phrased wierdly

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/11/02 12:24 By mangageek23.

Supermangageek23 is Bucket 88.5 in Dokugas Bucket Brigade
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
There's never anything wrong with questioning if you're seeing plagiarism, or if you're seeing an honest mistake, and posting that question here. Given that you can have many eyes look at the same thing to see if your initial hunch was correct, either posting here, or opening a new thread under off-topic discussion, would be the thing to do.

We don't just worry about Dokuga authors being plagiarized. Since we are a Sess/Kag community, we are concerned with others in the community as well - even on FanFiction. net. If you run into this sort of thing, I would suggest carefully posting the two examples of similar (or exactly alike) stories, and asking if anyone else sees a problem with them. If others do, then there is cause for action. If others see only shared cliche, or don't see the problem, then we drop it. But it's always good to ask when you have a question like that.

In the example that you posted before you edited your post, I noted that both stories were posted to those accounts on exactly the same day - pretty hard for a plagiarist to do, y'know? Unless they were waiting to pounce on someone's story the minute it came out? In that particular case, I might PM the person who appears to be the original author and ask if they have another account they post under (which isn't allowed under ff.net rules, but what the heck, right?).

Hope this helps!

~~Wiccan~~
PS - the need to defer to the Admins only applies to plagiarism you find here on Dokuga. We police our own, and it's up to the Admins to do it. On other sites, everyone is welcome (and encouraged) to report plagiarism to that site's respective Admins or plagiarism reporting area.

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Okey dokey, thank you for answering my question.

Logged Logged

Supermangageek23 is Bucket 88.5 in Dokugas Bucket Brigade
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 32
JadedRayne wrote:

---- Quote her.

It's not my intent to cause trouble or restart this, but what happens if the author did write off the story based off the original and twisted some of his/her ideas in there to pull it off? (edit) I mean, to the point where it doesn't resemble the original too much.

Does this mean we should stop reporting her?

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
MissKatt wrote:
JadedRayne wrote:

---- Quote her.

Does this mean we should stop reporting her?

I'm highly conflicted on this subject. The author has apologized to DoD, and promised to rewrite the story so that it doesn't involve DoD's original character or chunks of her story and DoD has, from what I gather, accepted the apology. If the story IS rewritten and DoD has no problem with it, I've asked that she let us know on this thread. I haven't heard anything from her, though, so I'm not sure what's going on in that regard.

As I said in response to JadedRayne, however, the 'author' will not be allowed back on Dokuga for the simple fact that she plagiarized in the first place. Then again, we have higher standards than FanFiction.net as it concerns plagiarism.

I guess, until we hear something from DoD, we should probably back off and drop it... then again, I'm going to leave that decision up to all of you. My first choice would be for her to take it down to re-work it, rather than leave it up and still receive reviews for something that, essentially, isn't really her own work. Since it's not my site, though, it's not my call, y'know?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 32
I agree. I think I'll wait for DoD to say something before I start pushing any 'Report' buttons XD

Thanks for getting back to me, Wiccan!

Logged Logged
Lillian
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 5
Remember the girl who stole Jennifer's characters from Kakuchuu a couple of months ago? She's at it again and posted a new picture of Kakuchuu without giving credit below. Her name is Marthamarri.

I don't know if I can post this on here, but I really don't want her to get away with it. Not living credit to an artist for their ideas is like plagiarism, in the words of Theia.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.